Employer Profile Terms
Our mission is to connect people through culture. Our services are designed to enable employers to share their story and what makes them unique, advertise open opportunities and meet and communicate with like-minded professionals that are looking for new opportunities. CultureBee Employer Profiles (“Business Services”) are designed to help organisations be found by customers, partners, employment candidates and others and to provide these organisations the chance to connect and to provide valuable information to CultureBee members.
When you sign up as an ‘employer’, you are entering into additional contract terms that govern the use of the CultureBee Employer Profiles services.
By creating, becoming an Administrator (as defined below), or continuing as an Administrator of a page (the “Employer Profile”) on our Business Services, you are agreeing to enter into legally binding contract terms between CultureBee (as defined below and also referred to as “we”,“us” and “our” ) and your organisation (as defined below) represented by the Employer Profile. “organisation” means the business represented by your Employer Profile, which may only be a legal entity (such as a university or company) or you, if you are operating the business in your individual capacity (such as a sole proprietorship). You also represent and warrant that you are authorized to enter into these contract terms on behalf of the organisation (collectively with the organisation, you and the other Administrators, if any, “You”).
If You do not agree to this contract (the “Contract” or “Service Terms”), do not register as an Employer or Administrator and do not access or otherwise use any of our Business Services (including creating, claiming or continuing as an Administrator for the Employer Profile).
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
- You have at least one Administrator with up to date contact information.
- You will use your organisation’s real name and keep it up to date.
- You will use the Business Services for legal purposes.
- You will comply with our “Do’s and Don’ts”.
- You will be truthful about your personal data practices and comply with the laws that apply to your use of the Business Services.
You agree to only use the Business Services in accordance with these Service Terms.
2.1 Administrators. “Administrator(s)” are Member(s) who have signed up on the Business Services to be (or who were added as) “administrators” of the Employer Profile. You acknowledge and agree that:
- The Employer Profile must have at least one Administrator identified for the Employer Profile.
- Each Administrator of the Employer Profile must be a current registered member of CultureBee.com (“Member”) with correct contact information.
2.2 Name Changes and Mergers. Subject to Section 4, You agree to accurately reflect the identity of the organisation on the Employer Profile and to promptly update any name changes of the organisation, including any that may result from mergers, acquisitions or other restructuring. Please Contact Us with requests related to the Employer Profile.
2.3 Content and Conduct. You agree that:
- You will follow our “Do’s and Don’ts,” and keep content professional, respectful, relevant, and accurate.
- You will only post content that is truthful and does not infringe anyone else’s rights.
- You will only use the Business Services to identify and promote your own organisation.
- Your organisation operates a lawful business in accordance with applicable laws.
- You will ensure that all of the organisation’s actions (including by any Administrator) regarding the Employer Profile (such as all posts, additions, and deletions) comply with all applicable laws.
2.4 Compliance with Data Policies.
3. Intellectual Property
You grant CultureBee a license to the content you provide to us on the Business Services or suggest to us.
3.1 License. You grant to CultureBee (and its affiliates) a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable and transferable license to use, copy, modify, distribute and publish any content You provide to CultureBee. The foregoing license survives termination of this Contract with regard to content provided prior to termination. You represent and warrant that you own or have all necessary rights (including intellectual property rights) to such content (including to grant the license above).
3.2 Feedback and Reservations of Rights. If You choose to provide suggestions and feedback to CultureBee, You agree that CultureBee (and its affiliates) can (but does not have to) use and share such feedback for any purpose without compensation to You. You may not disclose any information about our metrics or Member demographics. CultureBee (and its affiliates) reserve all of our intellectual property rights in the Business Services.
4. Employer Profile Service Limits
You agree that the identity of Administrators is public to others and that CultureBee may suspend, change or end the Business Services, or your Employer Profile. You also agree that we can remove, and are not obligated to store, your Employer Profile content.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Any Administrator’s identity and actions related to the Employer Profile may be visible to others, including visitors and other Administrators of the Employer Profile.
- We may add or suspend any Administrator’s access to the Business Services (including administration of the Employer Profile) at any time at our own discretion.
- We may change or discontinue any of our services, including Business Services. In addition, CultureBee reserves the right to remove any Employer Profile on the Business Services at any time without notice, including all, or part of, the Employer Profile’s content.
- We may modify the Employer Profile in accordance with our policies. For example, we may modify the organisation name on the Employer Profile and add clarification statements to the Employer Profile to address member confusion or conflicting trademark rights. In addition, we may (a) restrict any name change and have no obligations to perform any change, merger or other request, and (b) determine how name changes will be represented on profiles and on other references to the organisation on CultureBee services.
- We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Business Services (or other services) and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice. CultureBee may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
5. Modification and Termination
We reserve the right to make changes to the Contract, and you and CultureBee can each end this Contract anytime we want.
5.1 Modification of Contract. We may modify this Contract from time to time. If we make material changes to the Contract, we will attempt to provide You notice through our Business Services (or by other means) to provide You the opportunity to review the changes before they become effective. We agree that changes cannot be retroactive. If You object to any changes, You may terminate Your agreement to this Contract (in accordance with Section 5.2); however if You do not terminate Your agreement to this Contract, Your continued use of our Business Services after we publish or otherwise notify You about our changes to these terms means that You are consenting to the updated terms.
5.2 Termination of Contract. If You wish to terminate this Contract, at any time You can do so by (1) removing all Administrators of the Employer Profile, including Yourself (and others, if applicable); (2) deactivating the Employer Profile; (3) if you are the only Administrator, closing your CultureBee account; and/or (4) notifying CultureBee through Contact Us. CultureBee has no obligation to de-activate the Employer Profile (even after termination). CultureBee may terminate this Contract by de-activating the Employer Profile and/or by providing notice to at least one Administrator or otherwise to the organisation. Sections 2.4-10 survive termination.
6. Warranty Disclaimer
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the use of the Business Services.
CULTUREBEE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ABOUT THE BUSINESS SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE BUSINESS SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CultureBee AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Limitation of Liability
These are the limits of CultureBee’s legal liability for the Business Services.
7.1 DAMAGES WAIVER. SUBJECT TO SECTION 7.3, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CULTUREBEE AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE BUSINESS SERVICES FOR LOST PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
7.2 LIABILITY CAP. SUBJECT TO SECTION 7.3, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, CULTUREBEE AND ITS AFFILIATES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE BUSINESS SERVICES FOR AN AMOUNT THAT EXCEEDS GBP £2,000.
7.3 EXCLUSIONS. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY STATED IN SECTIONS 7.1 AND 7.2 DO NOT APPLY TO CULTUREBEE’S LIABILITY FOR FRAUD, GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OR ITS LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY.
8. Entity and Dispute Resolution
More about the CultureBee entity that You are doing business with and how disputes will be resolved.
8.1 CultureBee Entity. You are entering into this Contract with Culture Bee Ltd, a UK registered company.
8.2 Governing Law. If an issue arises under this Contract then this Contract is governed by the laws of the UK, and any action or proceeding (including those arising from non-contractual disputes or claims) related to this Contract will be brought in a UK court. Each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction and venue of the applicable courts. The prevailing party in any litigation may seek to recover its legal fees and costs.
Here are some important details about this Contract.You may not rely on any undertaking, promise, assurance, statement, representation, warranty or understanding of any person relating to the subject matter of the Contract, other than as stated in the Contract. We may notify you within the Business Services or via the contact information of one or more Administrators provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address of any Administrator and/or organisation). You agree to keep your contact information up to date. CultureBee accepts service of process at the address identified here. Any notices that You provide without compliance with this Section shall have no legal effect. If we do not act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that CultureBee has waived its right to enforce this Contract. The Contract does not create a partnership, agency relationship, or joint venture between the parties. Neither party has the power or authority to bind the other or to create any obligation or responsibility on behalf of the other. Under no circumstances will any employee of one party be deemed to be the employee of the other. You may not assign this Contract in whole or in part without CultureBee’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment in violation of this restriction is void. The Contract shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties, their respective successors and permitted assigns. If the Contract is translated into a language other than English, the translation is for convenience only, and the English language version will govern. CultureBee may remotely monitor Your use of the Business Services to ensure compliance with the Contract. If any provision of the Contract is unenforceable, that provision will be modified to render it enforceable to the extent possible to give effect to the parties’ intentions and the remaining provisions will not be affected.